Thursday, July 1, 2010

Holidays!

I've gone a little into holiday mode hence the lack of updates. I've been playing HEAPS of Dwarf Fortress this past week. I've tried to get into it about 4 times in the past, but it's always so hardcore that I give up. I finally cracked it this time! I've watched about 2 hours worth of youtube tutorials. Such an amazing game, with so much depth and creative inspiration.
Speaking of which, I am starting up production on a little holiday animation colab with my uni friend Tom. We are going to do it in flash to capitalise on the newgrounds.com market of hyperactive teenagers. We are going to adapt a famous Dwarf Fortress Something Awful forum game session into a short animation. Can't wait!

Here is some quick concept sketches for another idea that I was planning on doing but got bored of.

Click to make excessively large

2 comments:

  1. That seems like quite a project there Simon. Are you sure you're up to it? It will either be perfect or flop horribly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't imagine it could flop too easily. It will be a simple silent story with some cool visuals and simple animation.

    ReplyDelete