Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Finished Cryptozoological Design

Here is the finished Design.
CLICK FOR PROPER RESOLUTION

All star cast: Mothman, Nessie, Big Foot, Fairies, Jersey Devil, Bunyip, Wampa, Mongolian Death Worm, Jackalope, Chupacabra, Dover Demon, Jesus...
I had lots of fun researching these dudes.
I am pretty pleased with it. I did like 3 colour tests, finally settling on this simplistic one. I basically looked at lots of designers to try see how they colour these complex things. Threadless.com I find is a great source to see how pros do it.

I'll be doing up the actual poster tomorrow with it.

3 comments:

  1. I like your art! Its cool and I want one, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon very nice work, surprised to see that you are an excellent artist, I just watched Pixel on Youtube, Thanks really enjoyed it, I never played those games but am interested in that art and your documnentary covered some interesting areas, and now I find your blog and its full of cool art.

    The Cryptozooalogical poster made me think of a show on 95bfm called the Cryptid Factor by Rhys Darby (Filght of the Concords) which covers all that is strange but true, well probably not true but bloody interesting and sometimes very funny.

    http://www.95bfm.co.nz/default,195095,rhys-darby-david-farrier.sm

    podcasted here
    http://www.95bfm.co.nz/default,18,bcasts.sm?cast=195285

    thanks again for the doco just looking at a bit of video on graffiti and found yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries Mike! Thanks for the kind words. I find crypto stuff so stupid and funny, I will have to check the podcast out.

    ReplyDelete